Erasmus - Higher Education
Erasmus is the motor for modernisation of higher education in Europe and supports mobility and transnational cooperation. With Erasmus people at higher education institutions can pursue studies, work placements, education or further education abroad. Intensive programmes are also supported.
Erasmus is the most successful EU programme in the field of education. Each year approximately 5000 Austrian students and 1000 lecturers and other higher education staff benefit from this programme.
Aims of the Programme
- More mobility for students, lecturers and other employees at higher education institutions
- Cross-linking of higher education institutions in Europe
- Collaboration in the shaping of the common European higher education area
- Transparency and comparability of European higher education degrees
- Strengthening of the contribution of the higher education institutions to innovations in higher education
- Close cooperation between higher education institutions and companies
- Support of foreign language learning and intercultural European awareness
- Students at Austrian higher education institutions (universities, universities of applied sciences, university colleges of teacher education)
- Lecturers and other higher education staff
- Institutions and associations in the field of higher education
- Research centres, institutions and providers of counselling and information services dealing with lifelong learning
- Companies and social partners
The following measures can be supported by Erasmus:
- Study periods (German)
- Student internships (German)
- Lecturer mobility (German)
- Further education for higher education staff (German)
- Erasmus intensive language courses (German)
- Multilateral Erasmus intensive programmes (German)
- Multilateral projects, networks and accompanying measures (German)
The activities of the Bologna experts are also coordinated by the Erasmus team of the National Agency.
Here and also on the Erasmus sub-pages you can find all information about application and application deadlines.
|Round of applications 2013|
|Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE)||15.05.2013|
|Intensive language courses (not offered in Austria)||01.02.2013|
|Multilateral projects, networks and accompanying measures||31.01.2013|
|Mobility: study periods abroad, student placements, mobility of lecturers and further education for people at universities||08.03.2013|